Simple mind-body tools
Life is stressful under normal circumstances. Most of us struggle with the responsibilities of work, finances, relationships, kids, health and fitness, and finding meaning in our lives.
Then add COVID-19!
I, and every therapist I know, have a full schedule but I keep getting calls from people needing resources each week.
Since I'm not able to work with everyone who calls, I created this self-guided course to give you tools that can help you help yourself right now. They are evidence-based practices. They are what I use for myself and what I teach my clients.
They work, so start incorporating them into your daily life even if for only 5 minutes.
- about the mind-body connection and how the cycle works
- that you have enormous influence on how you feel
- about the power of nature to calm and heal
- about the power of your mind and the power of choice
- that meditation isn't what you think and you can do it.
- how to practice mindfulness and lovingkindness
- how to bring mindfulness into everyday life
- about working with the energies in the body and energy psychology
- through guided meditations and practices.
- Intro - You Are Not Your Thoughts
- Mindfulness Overview (7:27)
- Mindfulness Meditation Instructions (8:12)
- COAL as a Mindfulness Cue
- Guided Mindfulness Meditation (13:30)
- 5 Hindrances and 7 Attitudes
- Intro to Lovingkindness Meditation (9:46)
- Guided Lovingkindness Meditation (12:54)
- Applying Mindfulness to Everyday (8:00)
Hi, I'm Dr. Susan Franklin. I'm not your typical clinical psychologist. I specialize in mind-body approaches to wellness. I synthesize contemporary psychology with ancient and natural healing techniques in this pursuit. It has been a life-long passion for me.
It's also important to share that these are the tools and techniques that I use to help myself process and release stress. They help calm my mind and body, support resilience, and get me tapped into something larger, Spirit.
Take these techniques and try each one even if for only 5 minutes a day for a couple of weeks. Tune into yourself and build on the tools. They work if you work them.